Forums Herb-Talk | Archive Gardening Food Preservation Gardening Transplanting Gumweed

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Michelle Koch
      Student

Okay, so every last gumweed plant in my town is dead. 🙁 But I’m in another city, on a business trip, and there is loads of it here. It hasn’t bloomed yet, it is still very green. I definitely want to take some home. Is it too soon to just harvest the buds? Should I dig one up to transplant at home? How can I keep it from becoming invasive and proliferating my whole yard? All I know is, I NEED this plant!

Thanks.

I have had luck with moving the plants. I moved them while in FULL FLOWER when my previous boss told me he was going to 2-4D the whole field. I just walked around and yanked as many out as I could as quickly as I could. I put them in buckets with water. I got well over 50% success and harvested the flowers on the ones that were fading. I got them into the ground the same day.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Michelle Koch
        Student
        Topic Author

Awesome, thank you!

I’m actually home now, and I didn’t bring any of it home. One of these days I will have to take a drive, I think….

Or you can buy some seed from ME!!! It really does grow better from seed.

IdahoHerbalist wrote: Or you can buy some seed from ME!!! It really does grow better from seed.

I’m interested in a small quantity of seed to try.

Martha

Viewing 4 reply threads
      • The forum ‘Gardening’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      Scroll to Top