Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharon
      Student

I haven’t had the time I want to dig into this course like I want to – life keeps getting in the way, but I’m hoping that somewhere here, this odd question might be answered.  I do know that different menstruums extract different things from the herbs – honey extracts some things, apple cider vinegar extracts vitamins and minerals, and of course, alcohol extracts a lot of things.  As I dive deeper into herbalism, I know I will slowly learn which plants are known for which constituents and those constituents tend to lend themselves to particular menstruums (water, alcohol, apple cider vinegar, oil, etc) for best extraction.

But for the time being, since I have herbs that the clock is ticking on and I don’t want to loose them – am I the only person who thinks that using all three (alcohol, ACV, and honey) together to extract as many properties from the herbs as possible seems like a sensible thing?  If it isn’t sensible, could someone please let me know where my thinking took a detour and set me straight?  Thank you everyone, this has been a burning question in my overactive mind for quite a while!

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Scroll to Top