Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Nutrition and Exercise Trying to take Dr. Jones advice for referrals

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ron Thompson
      Student

Through many of the videos, (if not all) I continually hear that we should never give advice especially when someone is taking other pharmaceuticals as they may not “play well” with certain herbs.  While I completely AGREE, it does leave us with the nagging question.  WHO SHOULD we reach out to when a physician doesn’t, or won’t, have the discussion of including herbs into a health care plan??  Does anyone have a contact of a physician that is willing to at least take into account one persons current prescriptions in relation to what they may want to add (Via Herbs) to see if they would “play nice” without totally dismissing the patient?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Maybe a telehealth type of consultation?

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Sharon
        Student

I’m with you Ron, in fact I am one who is taking pharmaceuticals and it terrifies me as to what could be going wrong with using them (I have been tole I have to take them), but I need my herbs.  I keep hoping Doc will find time to help some of us out before we do something bad to our bodies (or someone else’s body).  I wrote to Doc and even asked about a paid consult just so I could know.  I know he’s working on a course just for this issue dealing with pharmaceuticals and herbs – the possible interactions, but I don’t recall him saying when it will be available for us.

I have wondered about this myself. I’m not on any pharmaceuticals, and hope to stay that way. I would love it if we could schedule a consult (happy to pay, and/or have the conversation recording and put in the school to benefit everyone). I’d love to be able to share the result of my lab work, and get input on next steps. It would be especially helpful to have someone who is familiar with the course curriculum/formulas that we all have access to, so we don’t get conflicting information.

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Scroll to Top