Forums HomeGrown Herbalist Student Forum Essential Oils Using Essential oil for toenail fungus

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Arlene Hege
      Student

I have been using Tea Tree oil on a toenail fungus for a few months now. I was trying to use it morning and night time and keeping the toe open to the air as much as possible. I haven’t really seen much change and I was wondering if anyone has had any success with a different Essential oil?

1 user thanked author for this post.

In my humble experience, stay with it.  EO’s can take longer to address the core issue as they’re assisting reconstruction of cells.  You may already know, medicines will mask the issue quick, yet the underlying issue isn’t addressed and probably an introduction to some bonus side effects.

My EO testimonial…my husband used to end up in the ER w/respiratory infections every single winter.  I thought I was going to lose him to it eventually, it was so bad.  When the weather got cold he would drink his coffee coughing & hacking every morning.  I made him roll a specific blend of EO on his throat & nasal area for 6 months.  6 months!  But, we have not been to the ER since he started that protocol.  It’s been 7 years w/out any respiratory issue.  Point being, essential oils work, you just have to be patient.  Hoping you can hang in there!

2 users thanked author for this post.
          Pamela Acker
          Student

Can I ask what blend you used?

Arlene Hege
              Student
              Topic Author

By blend, do you mean which brand? Just”dabbing a bit of the EO on a Qtip and putting on the nail and under the nail. The brand is “Now.

We used doTerra’s “Breathe” blend.

Joelle
            Student

In my family, we used a tincture that we applied regularly. I think it was a mix of thyme, bergamont, black walnut, and garlic. Anyway, it did the trick in a few weeks. So I’d recommend finding a product like that one that is specific for toenail fungus.

Did the tincture have a name that included thyme, bergamont, black walnut, and garlic?

Joelle
                  Student

Not that I remember. We got it from a place called Uchee Pines but I do not believe they sell it online. I’m sure Doc has a similar formula that would work as well though.

Michelle Koch
                Student

FYI Y’all, Doc has a formula for fungal infections in his shop (and no doubt has shared the recipe somewhere in the course), one for topical use, the other for internal.  Those particular herbs are in the topical formula.

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Scroll to Top