Forums Herb-Talk | Archive Everything Else The Kitchen Table What do you use tofu(sp?) as?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Fine, I am no chef. I have never run into a recipe or anything that uses tofu. Sorry I can’t spell that one! What am a I missing? Is this high in carbs, which I am trying to watch? How do you use this?

I never use any exact recipe, just toss things together. I have too many leftovers that I have no idea what to do with. 

Any suggestions as to what I can do with tofu?

Michelle Koch
      Student

Don’t use it to make a cheesecake, I tried that, lol. :blink:

But if you cut the tofu into strips, soak them in a bit of chicken broth, and then grill them like chicken tenders or put them in a stir fry it can be sort of tasty. Tofu is especially nice in soup. Basically, tofu is a meat substitute. Oh, and if you get the silky textured tofu, it is great in a protein smoothie with berries. 🙂

I would suggest not using Tofu AT ALL! It is a soy product and is likely made from GMO soybeans.

Fundog wrote: Don’t use it to make a cheesecake, I tried that, lol. :blink:

But if you cut the tofu into strips, soak them in a bit of chicken broth, and then grill them like chicken tenders or put them in a stir fry it can be sort of tasty. Tofu is especially nice in soup. Basically, tofu is a meat substitute. Oh, and if you get the silky textured tofu, it is great in a protein smoothie with berries. 🙂

Cheesecake?I can’t image. LOL

And thanks your recipes!

IdahoHerbalist wrote: I would suggest not using Tofu AT ALL! It is a soy product and is likely made from GMO soybeans.

really?! I just have a try..

My wife is seriously affected by GMO’s. If she eats them it makes her EXTREMELY sick. There is a growing bit of evidence that they cause many issues in our bodies.

Dr. Patrick Jones
        Homestead Instructor

The best use for tofu is to help men feel comfortable with their feminine side. The high estrogen levels help them to be more passive, sensitive and better able to cry while watching movies. Prolonged use is wonderful for decreasing expenses for things like ammunition, work clothes and tickets to sporting events though these savings are often eaten up my increased expenditures for floral-scented body wash, hair products and elastics to manage their pony tails and man buns.

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Not to mention men hose, jumpers and other feminized clothing targeting those same “men.” I would post pictures but I cannot guarantee you have not eaten right before viewing them.

IdahoHerbalist wrote: My wife is seriously affected by GMO’s. If she eats them it makes her EXTREMELY sick. There is a growing bit of evidence that they cause many issues in our bodies.

Yep. There are many articles about GMO’s in the press. I just try it and don‘t eat it regularly.

Doc Jones wrote: The best use for tofu is to help men feel comfortable with their feminine side. The high estrogen levels help them to be more passive, sensitive and better able to cry while watching movies. Prolonged use is wonderful for decreasing expenses for things like ammunition, work clothes and tickets to sporting events though these savings are often eaten up my increased expenditures for floral-scented body wash, hair products and elastics to manage their pony tails and man buns.

Different opinions about tofu. Now I don’t want to eat regularly….

Viewing 9 reply threads
      • The forum ‘The Kitchen Table’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      Scroll to Top