Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

I have 2 plants that look almost identical except for the shape of the leaves. One is toothed and the other is not.

Any idea what they and what benefits they have??? I know they’re good for something! Every weed is! 🙂

Thanks!!

Jan

Jannevarez wrote:

I have 2 plants that look almost identical except for the shape of the leaves. One is toothed and the other is not.

Any idea what they and what benefits they have??? I know they’re good for something! Every weed is! 🙂

Thanks!!

Jan

Jan

The first is wild/prickly lettuce. It is in Medicinal Plants of the Desert and Canyon West.

The second is Sow Thistle.

Thank you!

Jan

So I was wondering if you or Patrick have ever used wild lettuce medicinally and if so what for? I’ve been reading about it and trying to decide if I should harvest it or not. I’ve been nurturing a whole section in my yard that’s filled with it. I figured they must have come here to help me with something! There’s so many! Lol Just wondered if you’ve had any experience with them 😉

Jan

The young plants are edible. The sap is a sedative. Need to look in the book to make sure. The source of all human knowledge should have more information on it as well.

Very true! [emoji177] I love that source! [emoji120]

Thanks for the reminder! [emoji18]

Jan

Dr. Patrick Jones
      Homestead Instructor

Jannevarez wrote: Very true! [emoji177] I love that source! [emoji120]

Thanks for the reminder! [emoji18]

Jan

I think Steven was referring to the internet. But your source is excellent as well. 🙂

Doc

Don't use herbs or combine herbs with medications or use them during lactation or pregnancy without talking with your healthcare provider.

Lol! Yeah… I use that other source too but it’s so hard to separate the truth from the error that I get frustrated a lot! Haha. [emoji288] ——-> [emoji295]

Jan

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • The forum ‘Plant Identification’ is closed to new topics and replies.
    Scroll to Top